Wednesday, April 14, 2010

svo-ventures in the kichten


i pulled some nice red meat out of my freezer and decided to cook it on my handsome george forman grill. hungry for steak, i was looking forward to a meat and potatos kind of night. i flopped my lean cuts onto my handsome george forman grill and they started cooking.

after awhile i thought to myself hey, why aren't these cooking? (honestly, i probably said it aloud, but with no one to hear but my cats, let's just pretend it was a fleeting thought). the meat seemed to be cooking, but very, very slowly. my steaks were turning a sort of whitish color; they were not turning the color of steak.

i got concerned. i cut into the steaks and saw that the inside looked cooked, but it was white.

i got confused. i dug through my trash and found the plastic wrap from jewel osco with my meat weight and type on it.

i was not cooking steak. i was cooking pork chops.

damn! i thought and/or said aloud to my cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment